Introduction to TPS Plant Tour (M0)
Fee: $500.00 per person
A half day site visit inside one of Toyota's vehicle assembly plants. This tour and discussion is designed to provide participants with an opportunity to see and discuss TPS "in action" at a Toyota plant. TSSC will share key learnings from sharing and building the TPS culture outside of Toyota for almost 30 years at non-profit organizations and many other companies. We will dive into TPS topics like Stability, Jidoka, and Just-in-Time. We will also show how some of the tools of TPS are used to create a culture of continuous improvement. This overview combines a roughly hour-long shop floor tram tour of the plant highlighting TPS concepts in real time, with a video process review for a deep dive into how TPS principles are designed into Toyota processes.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc., 4000 Tulip Tree Dr., Princeton, IN 47670
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc., 1001 Cherry Blossom Way, Georgetown, KY 40324
|Indiana Schedule||Kentucky Schedule|
|Indiana Agenda||Kentucky Agenda|
|07:45 a.m. ‐ 08:00 a.m. Arrive at Visitor Center
08:00 a.m. ‐ 08:10 a.m. Welcome / Introductions
08:10 a.m. ‐ 08:50 a.m. Introduction to TPS (History / Philosophy)
08:50 a.m. ‐ 09:00 a.m. Load the tram
09:00 a.m. ‐ 09:45 a.m. TPS tram Tour
09:45 a.m. ‐ 09:55 a.m. Break
09:55 a.m. ‐ 10:20 a.m. Tour specific Debrief / Q & A
10:20 a.m. ‐ 10:50 a.m. Process Video Observation (Key TPS Concepts)
10:50 a.m. ‐ 11:35 a.m. Building the TPS Culture Outside Toyota
11:35 a.m. ‐ 12:00 p.m. Questions / Discussion
12:00 p.m. End of Day / Depart
|07:30 a.m. – 08:00 a.m. Sign in with valid ID and watch Safety Video
08:00 a.m. – 08:10 a.m. Welcome / Introductions
08:10 a.m. – 08:50 a.m. Introduction to TPS (History / Philosophy)
08:50 a.m. – 09:00 a.m. Load the tram
09:00 a.m. – 09:45 a.m. TPS Tram Tour
09:45 a.m. – 09:55 a.m. Break
09:55 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Tour specific Debrief / Q & A
10:20 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. Process Video Observation (Key TPS Concepts)
10:50 a.m. – 11:35 a.m. Building the TPS Culture Outside Toyota
11:35 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Questions / Discussion
12:00 p.m. End of Day / Depart
- Indiana tour times are Central Time; Kentucky tours are Eastern Time.
- Timing of the tour may be subject to change based on availability.
- A valid photo ID is required for each adult scheduled for the tour. International guests will require a Passport.
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required for the plant tour.
- Free lockers inside the Experience Center are provided to store your belongings. Carry-on is not permitted on tour: including purses, backpacks, briefcases, or bags of any kind.
- Cameras, cell phones and all other recording devices must be stored in a locker before boarding the tram for the plant tour. Photos are not allowed inside the plant.
- TSSC and Toyota Motor Manufacturing reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any tour.
While TSSC seeks to share TPS with as many people as possible, from time to time TSSC may have to exclude some participants from participating in tours if employed by, affiliated with, or otherwise connected in any manner to a competitor of Toyota or a Toyota affiliate.